The attorneys at Kopelousos, Bradley, Garrison & Komando, P.A. have extensive experience in the diverse areas associated with municipal and county law and provide our clients with advice that is innovative and individualized to each entity.
Our team currently represents the Town of Orange Park, the City of Keystone Heights, The Crossings of Fleming Island Community Development District, the City of Atlantic Beach, and Baker County. In addition to serving as general counsel for these municipalities and legislatively created special districts, our firm is engaged to provide legal opinions in complex municipal law matters on a special basis, including ad valorem taxation issues.
We anticipate new trends and changes in the government environment that could have an effect on the goals of our clients. We are prepared to respond effectively to any legal need our government clients might encounter. Managing Partner Rob Bradley is Board Certified by the Florida Bar as an Expert in City, County and Local Government Law and leads a team that can provide representation in municipal law matters including:
- Ordinance drafting, review, interpretation, analysis and state law compliance
- Charter review, interpretation, analysis and state law compliance
- Drafting motions, resolutions, ordinances, codes and charter provisions
- Contracts and agreements (interpretation and litigation)
- Drafting and negotiating agreements:
- Purchases of goods and services
- Leases and easements
- Labor and employment
- Intergovernmental cooperation and service agreements (e.g., water/wastewater/reuse treatment and utility agreements, annexation agreements)
- Elections, Elected Officials and Council Meetings
- Election procedures
- Advising on structure, meetings, procedures and actions of councils and committees
- Eminent Domain/Condemnation
- Sunshine Law (open meetings), interpretation and legal analysis
- Council, board and commission procedures
- Property taxation
If you need help in any of these areas, please contact Kopelousos, Bradley, Garrison & Komando, P.A. at 904.269.1111.