Sam Garrison is Board Certified by The Florida Bar as an expert in Criminal Trial law and specializes in defending clients throughout North Florida in serious criminal matters.
Sam also represents public and private clients in matters involving city, county and local governments, serving as general counsel for the Town of Orange Park and The Crossings at Fleming Island Community Development District (Eagle Harbor).
Sam is a graduate of Samford University and the University of Illinois College of Law. He previously served 10 years as an Assistant State Attorney in Clay and Duval counties. During that time he was a senior member of Jacksonville’s Homicide & Major Crimes Unit with more than 70 jury trials to his credit, including capital cases and a specially designated Governor’s assignment to Alachua County.
Sam Garrison is rated AV (Preeminent) by Martindale-Hubbell, has served as a trial instructor at the National Advocacy Center in Columbia, South Carolina, and is a past president of the Clay County Bar Association.
Sam values integrity and enjoys the challenge of solving complex legal problems on behalf of his clients. He and his family proudly call Clay County home.
- Criminal Defense
- City, County & Local Government Law
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Professional Associations and Honors:
- Florida Bar Board Certified: Criminal Trial
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2016, Rising Star
- Leadership Jacksonville, Class of 2016
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Board of Directors (2015-present)
- President, Clay County Bar Association (2015-2016)
- Quigley House, Board of Directors (2011-2014)
- Orange Park Medical Center, Board of Trustees (2007-2009)
- National Advocacy Center, Faculty Member (2007)
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Associate Member (2002-2003)
- Grace Anglican Church – Fleming Island
- Young Life