Sam Garrison is an accomplished trial attorney who joined Bradley, Garrison & Komando, P.A. after a successful career as a Florida prosecutor. Sam specializes in the areas of criminal defense and city, county and local government law, and has been certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit Mediator.
In addition to his courtroom advocacy, Sam has extensive experience handling legal matters involving land use and zoning, application of government regulations, public records, labor relations and constitutional law. He is general counsel for the Town of Orange Park and The Crossings at Fleming Island Community Development District (Eagle Harbor).
Sam also serves as vice chancellor for the Anglican Church in North America’s Gulf Atlantic Diocese and regularly counsels pastors and church leaders on the unique legal issues applicable to religious organizations.
Sam is a graduate of Samford University and the University of Illinois College of Law. He previously worked 10 years as an Assistant State Attorney in Clay and Duval counties with more than 70 jury trials to his credit. Sam is rated AV (Preeminent) by Martindale-Hubbell, has served as a trial instructor at the National Advocacy Center in Columbia, South Carolina, and is a past president of the Clay County Bar Association.
In 2017, Sam was appointed by Florida Governor Rick Scott to the Board of Trustees for St. Johns River State College. He was subsequently reappointed by Governor Scott in 2018, by Governor Ron DeSantis in 2019 and serves as Board Chairman.
Sam values integrity and enjoys the challenge of resolving complex legal problems on behalf of his clients. He and his family proudly call Clay County home.
- City, County & Local Government Law
- Criminal Defense
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Professional Associations and Honors:
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Florida Supreme Court Certified: Circuit Mediator (2019-present)
- Florida Bar Board Certified: Criminal Trial (2013-2018)
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2016)
- Clay County Bar Association, President (2015-2016)
- National Advocacy Center, Faculty Member (2007)
- Victim’s Assistance Advisory Council, Judicial Victim Advocate Award (2006)
- State Attorney’s Office, 4th Circuit, Outstanding New Felony Prosecutor (2003)
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Associate Member (2002-2003)
Community and Public Service:
- St. Johns River State College, Board of Trustees (2017-present), Chairman (2018-present)
- Leadership Jacksonville, Class of 2016
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Board of Directors (2015-2017)
- Quigley House, Board of Directors (2011-2014)
- Orange Park Medical Center, Board of Trustees (2007-2009)
- Young Life, Metro Jacksonville Board
- Grace Anglican Church – Fleming Island