Sam Garrison is Board Certified by The Florida Bar as an expert in Criminal Trial law and specializes in defending clients throughout North Florida in serious criminal matters. He also represents clients in matters involving city, county and local governments, with a focus on land use, application of government regulations, public records and constitutional law.
Sam is a graduate of Samford University and the University of Illinois College of Law. He previously served 10 years as an Assistant State Attorney in Clay and Duval counties with more than 70 jury trials to his credit, including capital cases and a specially designated Governor’s assignment to Alachua County.
Sam currently serves as general counsel for the Town of Orange Park and The Crossings at Fleming Island Community Development District (Eagle Harbor). He is rated AV (Preeminent) by Martindale-Hubbell, has served as a trial instructor at the National Advocacy Center in Columbia, South Carolina, and is a past president of the Clay County Bar Association. In 2017, he was appointed by Florida Governor Rick Scott to the Board of Trustees for St. Johns River State College.
Sam values integrity and enjoys the challenge of solving complex legal problems on behalf of his clients. He and his family proudly call Clay County home.
- City, County & Local Government Law
- Criminal Defense
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Professional Associations and Honors:
- Florida Bar Board Certified: Criminal Trial (2013-2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2016)
- Clay County Bar Association, President (2015-2016)
- National Advocacy Center, Faculty Member (2007)
- Victim’s Assistance Advisory Council, Judicial Victim Advocate Award (2006)
- State Attorney’s Office, 4th Circuit, Outstanding New Felony Prosecutor (2003)
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Associate Member (2002-2003)
Community and Public Service:
- St. Johns River State College, Board of Trustees (2017-present)
- Leadership Jacksonville, Class of 2016
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Board of Directors (2015-2017)
- Quigley House, Board of Directors (2011-2014)
- Orange Park Medical Center, Board of Trustees (2007-2009)
- Young Life, Metro Jacksonville Board
- Grace Anglican Church – Fleming Island
- Young Life